Home » Final Reflection

Final Reflection

In Clinical Correlations II, we were expected to lead the case as a group, while asking the appropriate questions. As we advanced through our didactic training, we were able to come up with more differentials, as we had learned about more diseases. I’m now able to come up with various differentials, straying away from what is more obvious and thinking outside the box for complaints that seem simple. I was also able to understand the correct imaging for certain complaints. The pediatrics cases were more challenging, but remembering the case presentation helps remember the disease state. During clinical year, I would like to continue enhancing my skills of coming up with a full treatment plan for patients. This includes medication regimens, follow up care, and strict return precautions. I found UpToDate to be the most useful resource in coming up with differentials and treatments. I have learned that sharing my thought process is often better than staying quiet in a scenario that I may be unsure of the right answer. I would definitely suggest taking this course as a learning experience and a time to sharpen your skills before heading into clinical year.